Stella Covering Continues

I made some more progress on covering Stella. I have sides of the fuselage covered and shrunk down. I did end up burning a hole the covering through while shrinking it down under the tail with the heat gun. It happened at the same time, and happened remarkably fast! The white Solite is almost transparent, so I trimmed to the covering back to the nearest structure and applied a patch. With the seem over a structure, the patch is almost invisible.

I also got the turtle deck covered. This had me a bit concerned, but came it came out pretty good. I was running a bit scarred of burning a hole again, but I just worked it slow. Finally, I started laying down the blue in front of the cockpit. The first piece came out great, but I had a bit of trouble with compound tapers in the front section, so I ripped it off and decided to call it quits for the night.

2013-06-19T21-10-19_0

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *